03 December 2007

As Close As Possible to Home

This little entry is unlikely to be a particularly happy one, though I am in fairly good humour at the moment. I have returned home from my trip to Ireland, or as close to home as I can get at the moment. The last time I actually had a place I could really call home it was a rather shabby, run-down one-bedroom house with a gas fire as the only heating for most of it, a gas stove as the only cooking implement, several items from my various collections hanging from the wall, and second-hand furniture scavenged from various charity shops.

In case you have not worked it out yet, I am talking about when I used to actually have my own place, even if it was rented. You have no idea how much I miss that, just being completely independent.

It has got to the point several times that I have thought about simply vanishing, becoming one of those people who simply vanish in a puff of statistics and low-priority missing person cases and see what I could do.

Not going to happen ofcourse, at least not any time soon. I have too much to do first.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are times I wish I could get away from the stress of the world too.

Shandra said...

I'm currently living with my parents, and sometimes it really is hell.

The best thing to do is I think to try zone out the stress and try to live your own life.

hug!

Simply Curious said...

Smooches Bunny. I hope you wake up with a big happy smile on your face.

AngelConradie said...

aw bunny...
i'm so sorry you're not totally happy...
BIG cyber cuddles for you from me!

Sweets said...

maybe i shouldn't comment...welcome home in any case!