04 December 2007

Miniature Geekiness

Another short entry I am afraid, I have spent far too long tonight cutting, glueing and laminating in order to construct games. This has meant that my imagination for posting has been somewhat curtailed, so I am reduced to writing about some of my more publically-condemned interests. Admittedly I do not quite understand why my interests in games and comics should be less well-regarded than the fact that I regularly sleep with, and pursue, a variety of women but it is thus.

So yes, I am in fact a self-admitted semi-geek. I read comics, I read a lot of fantasy and science fiction, I play roleplaying games both tabletop and live-action and a large number of other games. Since I suspect most of my readers would have little interest in the details of the roleplaying games I have decided instead to focus on the other matters.

One of the main comics I check regularly is something called Least I Could Do, possibly because other than his much more prolific success with women, his personal ownership of his place of living, his very successful work-life and the fact that he seems rarely to wish for the death of his 'friends' I identify a lot with the main character. This is probably the comic that would most interest readers here, so feel free to take a look. It is free, will not cost you a penny unless you pay per minute for your connection.

Two games I have recently acquired, after being exposed to them in Ireland, require a rather sick and twisted sense of humour. One is Final Straw, though I hesitate to mention the topic of the game for fear of being savaged by any person with an ounce of decency, or children. I will admit that the game is absolutely sick, though it does play well. The second is equally as twisted, though less likely actually cause me to be lynched, and is called Hentacle. I will say now that unless you can take extremely dark humour then you should not look at either of these games. It would also be best to avoid them at work, or with children nearby. Possibly with adults nearby as well. But they are both enjoyable games and I spent several hours whiling away the time last week with various people and each of these.

In other news I have decided to break my anonymity, potentially. This coming weekend I am being fitted for a suit with top hat and tails in order to be an usher at my sister's wedding. Despite my most ardent requests I am not being allowed to carry a sword-cane for the wedding. However if I can get a good picture of myself in this suit at the fitting, I will be revealing what I look like for the enjoyment or amusement of my loyal readers.

Sleep now. Work tomorrow. Boss will be in. Great.

8 comments:

AngelConradie said...

why on earth would people think the games and comics is condemnable?
i have always encouraged damien to read and if he didn't read books it was comics. he's a huge asterix fan, though the comics seem to have fallen by the wayside in favour of warhammer and the varoius codex's attached to the tabletop game he plays.

ooh... a picture of bunny in top hat and tails, wow!

Anonymous said...

Waiting on pins and needles for the photo....

Unknown said...

I'd appreciate it if you told that bitch commenting to stop calling those that do comment,'groupies' It's extremely offensive. I know you tend to appreciate attention, which is part of your overall charm, but I know, for myself, if I feel like someone is personally attacking your readers in your comments section, I will not read it anymore. I much prefer talking to you in a more personal forum, anyway, but I also like reading those innermost thoughts that you enjoy sharing.

I apologise for posting this in a public forum, but that bitch really should be put in her place.

Mr R Rabbit said...

I'm beginning to get rather fed up of it myself mystery, I don't particularly want to block anonymous posting of comments but it is quite obvious that whoever it is, is purely posting to annoy and upset readers with their comments. Were they flaming me alone I could not care less, in fact I am still waiting for someone to attack myself, but accusing people of being groupies simply to irritate them is beginning to annoy me.

So, do I take off anonymous commenting or not? Most of the people who comment have accounts and blogs anyway, so really it would only affect two, maybe three commentors.

Sweets said...

top hat and tails! now that i've got to see!!!

i think you should take off anonymous commenting, just until particular people get a grip.

Valley Girl said...

I am surre you will look v. dapper! Do post!

Nosjunkie said...

Rabbit do yourself a favour and buy Elderscrols Oblivion for your PC You will not be able to let go it is the God of all RPG I once played 13hours strait

Simply Curious said...

If people that don't have accounts want to comment, then it's easy enough to create one.