17 December 2007

A Moral Dilemma

Yes, occasionally I do hesitate because of morals, the few I have left. Essentially the sister of an acquaintance, not someone I have known long enough to really call a friend, is throwing herself at me. This is not a figure of speech, it is quite literal and was occuring while I was with said acquaintance and a few others drinking quietly in the pub. It was commented on by a few of the people present that it was happening, telling me that it was not a figment of my imagination.

Then again if my imagination can force me to hallucinate being jumped and having kisses pressed upon me when the sister of said acquaintance was leaving it is a lot more powerful than I thought. Now the lass is a little young, though still of legal age as evidenced by her presence in a public house of drinking, but the main problem here is the supposed unwritten rule that you do not sleep with your friend's families.

Personally I have never understood this rule, and still do not. Sure it can complicate things but frankly I do not see that it would bother me any more than a complete stranger with whom I share no common ground sleeping with my sister. In point of fact I strongly suspect it would bother me a lot less. It is not that I am planning to drag off the poor young girl and screw her the first chance I get, or at all really, but as I have said before I do find it difficult to say no, particularly to members of the female species with curvy bits in the right places, dirty smiles, and sulky eyes.

Before anyone asks she has been warned about my by various members of my group of friends, which I suspect is half of what has caused the dilemma to arise. Telling a young woman that a certain person is dangerous and sleeps around far too much is possibly not the best way to put their interest off them. Anyway, I will probably be seeing this girl again soon at the next gathering of my friends and am uncertain how to respond. I do not think being unnaturally unfriendly in order to try and discourage her is an option, as simply put I would feel guilty for that. I suspect I will end up being my usual self and simply flirting and joking as much as I usually would. All I can hope is that her brother does not challenge me to a duel in her honour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if there is any potential for drama, avoid her, unless she's worth it -- worth dealing with the drama. that's my rule. the (potential) return must be worth the effort or risk. otherwise... there's a whole world of available people to fuck out there, with no strings attached.

AngelConradie said...

hhmmm
well bunny, i think coquette said it beautifully...
you don't need another stalker on your hands

Sweets said...

like i always say...

if there is doubt, there is no doubt...