21 October 2007

On Close Runs and the Arrival of Sweetie

She is due in about an hour. I suppose I should be off soon to meet her at the station, but it is warm in bed here, and cold outside. On top of that I only got in a little while ago from the anime convention where I had a rather close run.

At these conventions it is rather common for people to walk around with free hug signs. They mean exactly what they say. You can walk up to these people, ask for a hug and get one. On occasion I do this, particularly with people who are squishy in the right places.

After a minor duel in the middle of the convention with someone I got rather suddenly glomped by someone wearing one of these signs, a rather nice someone. Apparently one of my friends had told her that I needed a hug, and she had decided a glomp was more in order. For anyone who does not know what a glomp is, it is a hug with a runup, and usually involving wrapping the legs around the waist.

This caught me somewhat by suprise, but she was cute, felt nice, and had just the right amount of squishiness. In fact enough of the right amount that I asked if I could steal her. With an affirmative answer I started to carry her, still clinging to me, out of the convention and to somewhere quieter so we could get better acquainted.

Then a little voice whispered in my ear.

Not my conscience or any crap like that. My friend whispered to me 'she's fourteen'.

I hate that bastard.

And I have just found out some very good news. Apparently my divorce is actually through. Not that I plan to get remarried, but the psychotic abusive bitch is now completely severed from me and none of my responsibility.

Plus I have a fresh bottle of Brazilian tequila. Life is good.

9 comments:

AngelConradie said...

oooh, i like the sound of a glomp!
as for getting carried away to somewhere quiet to get better acquainted... i like it even better!

Simply Curious said...

So you mean we're not getting married?

Hope you sent my love to sweetie. :D

Nosjunkie said...

HAHAHA I want to go to the anime thingie too
Rabbit your one in a million you know that

Unknown said...

Who needs a consience if you've got friend to whisper in your ear!!! LOL

Congrats with the divorce. I'm almost there. You should have a divorce party!!!

Sweets said...

and to think we actually loved these people we were once married to...strange... anyway congratulations...i know the feeling...life is good indeed!

SheBee said...

So... congratulations is okay to say, then?

As long as you are happy dear person in the computer.

Anonymous said...

Well congrats on your divorce!

It's amazing how these young girls look and dress today.Most develop boobies at a younger age which makes it even harder to tell how old they are.

Shandra said...

Haha congrats! enjoy that tequila!

Princess of the Universe said...

Congratulations!