20 October 2007

Of Drama, Conventions and Splitting Headaches

Before I say anything else, am I the only person not watching the rugby or something?

I will get the drama out of the way now, since that is probably what has given me this bloody headache. It is not even my drama, but it seems that sleeping with me makes people assume that they are entitled to free emotional support and comfort.

Okay, they may have a point, but it still annoys me. Callous I know but I have my own worries to deal with.

Sweetie is not completely happy with her home life. I do not want to go into too much detail in case she ever finds this, but basically something dramatic happened. This then meant that I had to provide comfort and support, which I do not have a real problem with.

What was a problem was thinking, throughout this conversation that she was going to ask to move in with me. Let me explain a little, I have lived with quite a few people. It has never worked out well. I am not comfortable with people prying into my life that much. I do not like sharing my space, and at the moment it really is my space. Fortunately she did not ask, and she is still coming over tomorrow to cheer herself up.

As to the convention in the title, I am off to play with an anime convention up in London before Sweetie gets here tomorrow. I was not given much choice in this matter, though I managed to talk my way out of a uniform, and it will at least be nice to get out of the house on someone else's cash for once.

Enjoy the rugby kiddies, and spare a thought for those of us who cannot go out to enjoy it due to splitting headaches keeping us in bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What!!!! You are in bed and your sweetie is not around? You poor deprived man you!

BTW I am adding you to my blogroll...

Simply Curious said...

Rugby? Being from the US, I don't really even know what it is, so I'm not watching it.

As for Sweetie, give her one of those beautiful broad shoulders for a minute. It won't hurt. Sorry I missed you earlier. Long day.

-S

AngelConradie said...

i was out with friends and family- to watch the rugby- but i didn't watch all of the rugby... south africa are the world champs again, which is cool- but i had an immensely enjoyable evening apart from the game!

JUST ME said...

mostly i find the men who sleep with me think they're entitled to telling me how cool they are afterwards.

...which is funny, because I usually realize just how uncool they are after we hook-up.

Mr R Rabbit said...

@ Preposterous: Thanks for adding me, and nope, she's not arriving for another hour or so. Still I had fun at the convention. Tell you all about that in a second.

@ Simply: Its like American football, but without the armour and with more running.

@ Angel: Just don't be smug at me and we'll get along fine.

@ Just: I tend to try and get feedback from anyone I sleep with. Maybe I should make a form.

AngelConradie said...

never ever...