18 October 2007

Rejoining the Literati

Between blogging again and having had the last few days off work, and a few e-mails I have received I have ended up writing again. I have even sent off a few entries to various writing competitions, though I do not know if I stand any chance of winning them or not. Unfortunately I am hitting my normal problem with any stories I try to do over a certain length, and hitting a block.

But I have discovered a new trick!

What I can do is get as far as I can in a story, then set up a picture that represents that scene to me. Suddenly I seem to be able to write again.

This did mean I had to set up a Scrabble board this morning, with a couple of wine glasses, an empty bottle of wine, and an ex's underwear. You can probably imagine what sort of story that was, but there are others I have been writing as well, more innocent ones.

Anyway Sweetie is coming over this Sunday, and staying until Monday, so I probably will not be posting from Sunday evening until Monday's, then I will spill whichever details I choose to.

I will probably be posting again later today, due mainly to boredom. I need things to do again.

12 comments:

AngelConradie said...

so what kind of competitions were they?

AngelConradie said...

i love writing using a picture as inspiration...

Mr R Rabbit said...

A few erotic magazines, a sci-fi compendium, a horror compendium, and a few others.

Shandra said...

You still have an ex underwear? haha kinky.

I'd love to read these stories.

Next time I find myself lacking inspiration for writing, I'll try your stategy trick!

AngelConradie said...

you write sci-fi and horror?!

Mr R Rabbit said...

I write almost anything. Short stories only though, I rarely have the patience for longer ones.

I stopped writing a while ago when my hard drive crashed and I lost about 6 000 pages of short stories. I also discovered recently than an old blog of mine still has some of those stories, so I might start up another and start transferring them across.

Valley Girl said...

Is it sad that that picture looks like a lot of fun for me (minus the undies)? I want to get drunk and play Scrabble. Actually, I just want to get drunk.

Simply Curious said...

I don't know if I'm the only one that actually looked at the words on the scrabble board but I love it..lol

AngelConradie said...

oh no- a laptop crash is so disheartening!

and no- you are so not the only one "simply curious"- i had a good look too! i even tried reading the ones behind the glass!

Nosjunkie said...

YOU writing INNOCENT stories!
NOW THAT I WANT TO SEE!!!!

Sweets said...

strip scrabble...that could be fun!

rabbit just so that you know...the bokke will win the rugby world cup tomorrow...oh yes we will! ;-)

the whole south africa is rugby crazy at the moment...what's happening in the UK?

GO BOKKE!

Mr R Rabbit said...

Valley Girl: Not at all, I set up the scene to look fun, though part of that for me was the panties. The wine is almost like ice wine, very sweet, and very expensive. Lovely stuff.

Simply Curious & Angel: I'm glad someone looked, that board took ages to set up.

Nosjunkie: Okay, I'm taking that as a challenge. Check out today's post.

Sweetass: I actually worked out the rules for strip scrabble. I also worked out a few other adult versions of innocent games.

As for the rugby, everyone else does seem to be going crazy about it. I'm debating whether I can actually be bothered to watch it or not.