17 October 2007

So How Did I End Up Rampant?

This is not an attempt at self-justification, I do not count any of these as reasons, or excuses, simply things that have led me to be the way I am. To be honest I do not even see any reason that I should justify myself, I do not feel I am doing anything wrong. Anyway moving on...

So this little story accounts the tragedy that was my marriage. Obviously it was my first marriage, and I do not know whether I am divorced now or not. That is another story which I have mentioned before.

I met the Ex-Wife while she was in England on a study exchange program from America, going to a University in London. We got together, and she lost her virginity to me shortly after I saved her life. That may take some explaining. The place she was living was a rented room in a house. The owners of the house at one point went on holiday, and their son decided to break into their house. I happened to be visiting at the time so when he came down with a carving knife to chase her out of the house, since it was 'his house' according to his drug-addled brain I managed to get in the way and take it away from him.

While I spent about ten minutes talking him down, keeping him pinned, she packed her stuff and loaded it into my car. After that she moved in.

Everything was fine for about nine months after that, and at Christmas I proposed. Three months later she had to go back to America for a year in order to finish her course, and we agreed that the wedding would be after she had finished her course, and that we would consider ourselves free agents until then. Yes, I know that is quite obviously a stupid idea, but at the time I did not realise.

During that year there were all sorts of indications that perhaps marriage was not for me, but my family and friends constantly told me how happy they were for me. Admittedly they did not know that during that year I paid my rent at university by being essentially a house-pet for the five student nurses my accomodation was shared with. Nor the other events that happened. The last indication I really should have picked up on was that on the flight over to America for my wedding, I ended up having sex with another passenger.

Unfortunately by this point everything had gathered a large momentum, and despite expressing a few doubts I could not get things post-poned, let alone cancelled, without just saying no. I did speak to her father about this, as I was staying with them, but he made it quite clear that I was going to marry his daughter. Or get shot. He even showed me the gun as he explained. You can imagine the sort of impression that had on me.

After the marriage, and a short honeymoon, we returned back to England. Since I was still a student and she was unemployed my parents had converted part of the house into a flat for the two of us. The idea was that she would be looking for a job, while I continued my studies.

Six months later I left University, in order to try and find a job since she had supposedly had no luck. She had also revealed that she was somewhat abusive, and I still have some scars from times when I would come home, see her on the computer, and suggest that maybe she should do the cooking for once, or maybe tidy up a little, or make a little more effort to look for a job.

Two months later I kicked her out after finding that about 200 application forms I had picked up for her over the last eight months had not been filled in, but had in fact been hidden under the bed. I found out a few weeks later that she had also been cheating on me, with at least two different people.

A little after that I found out that I owed £20 000 on credit cards that she had applied for in my name. I still do not really know what she spent the money on, though I did find some receipts that at least some of it was spent on her having very expensive meals out with another person.

I went a little loopy for a while after that. Went somewhat goth.

22 comments:

Simply Curious said...

Bunny,

I liked this little peek into your sensitive side, but maybe that's my femininity raging. I wish I had some amazing words to share with you and tell you hoe perfect things will be, but the fact of life is that shit happens. We all have good years and bad years. Maybe she forged your name on those papers and you can have her arrested. That sounds like a fun project.

Mr R Rabbit said...

Okay, maybe a bit more detail is required. I went into a self-destructive phase which was partly signified by my adopting the gothic style, and the more extreme parts of the stereotype. I also happened to be somewhat loopy at the same time.

The Divine Miss M said...

I resent the idea that people have that if you are self destructive or loopy you're a goth - the two are not connected at all it is just the people who think that they have to be goth as they're feeling depressed. Really irritating and generally does give the idea of what a "goth" is a bad name.

Self destructive is really bad, I hope that things are better for you now!

Mr R Rabbit said...

Wel, I'm still a goth on occasion now if I'm going out, and I'm now perfectly mentally stable and down to earth, so I can understand your irritation with it.

The Divine Miss M said...

Good ;)

AngelConradie said...

hhhmmmm... curiouser and curiouser... sorry it was a shitty time for you, personally, i reckon marriage should be outlawed!

Tequila Mockingbird said...

shotgun weddings are traditional here. how very unfortunate you were on the receiving end of one of those.

if it makes you feel any better, i allowed myself to be moved from fla to minnesota by a lawyer man 15 years older than me. it was good for awhile, but then my womanizing started to bother him, and so i left to sow my wild oats.

Princess of the Universe said...

Doesn't "shotgun wedding" imply that she was pregnant? Or did I miss a child in the story?

Sounds like a crappy time, but perhaps it worked out for the best?

Mr R Rabbit said...

Well it wasn't so much a shotgun wedding as a 9mm wedding, and she wasn't pregnant. She was however a good little Catholic girl and I was the evil heathen foreign boy who'd taken her innocence, so I was damn well going to marry her or else.

Simply Curious said...

Good boy.

Sweets said...

i'm with angel...marriage should be outlawed...never marry again dear man...i reaallllly don't think you're the type... what a story...outrageous!!!!!

SheBee said...

Wow. marriage huh? shocking story. glad you lived to tell the tale!

Wenchy said...

You not my tattoo artist are you? His story is much the same.

PS. Marriage are for those who love a bit of random hitting with a blunt object. Hence my many headaches.

Nosjunkie said...

I am a bit Goth and a bit loopy.
I dont know wether they are interconected or not.

The Divine Miss M said...

Gaaarrr!!! They aren't inter connected, just happens that a lot of people who are loopy decide to make a statement with it and wear goth clothing. Doesn't make them goth though! Nor does it make all goths loopy :P

Anonymous said...

A similar thing happened to someone I loved. If I ever meet the woman, I will beat her to a pulp :)

Unknown said...

I'm feeling a bit loopy at the moment. I think I should go Goth!!!

The Divine Miss M said...

@gluster - do you want to get slapped? :P

Unknown said...

LOL. Sorry, couldn't stop myself!

JUST ME said...

don't give a bitch your personal info!!!

Unless you've been married for 10 years.


...that's my advice.

Glitterstim said...

I've had the nasty credit card debt surprise, with my name signed to it also, and it's a bitter pill to choke on. And I also have no idea where the money went. It's infuriating to be held responsible for a debt you didn't incur!

And I think he's done it to two subsequent wives, too. Lovely man.

You have my sympathies. She sounds like a real nutjob. Sorry you couldn't get out of it sooner :o(

Lopz said...

Rabbit, that story reads like a really bad movie, Fatal Attraction style but with Rabbit Rampaging instead of Bunny Boiling.

I do believe you qualify for a high dose of Female Empathy on this one. She is a traitor to her kind.