21 November 2007

How to Kill a Libido

I am quite certain that all of you vultures, and I use the term with the utmost affection and respect, want all of the gory details about my visit with Essex. Unfortunately there is not that much to tell, due to heavy traffic and leaving work late I arrived there late. In fact I arrived about fifteen minutes before her ex-husband and the children were due to return home. Despite our haste in removing clothes and causing severe damage to her bed, which now needs replacement, I have now made great in-roads into discovering a whole new method of libido suppression.

Namely this is the sound of a doorbell ringing as an ex-husband and toddlers arrive back home, and ex-husband has fortunately forgotten his key. This is particularly fortunate as myself and Essex are mid-coitus at this point. One hurried escape to the bathroom to pull my clothes back on, and Essex's dressing on the stairs, and everything is fine. I sit for a while for an unplanned talk with her ex-husband about religion and to help her children construct some sort of lego statue, before we flee in order to do some shopping. I needed some new letter paper and envelopes.

While shopping I also discover the rather fine-looking cigarettes that you see above. They may be incredibly overpriced, in fact they most definitely are, but they are also very pretty. My new solution to quitting smoking is to instead switch to this brand, bankrupt myself and therefore be unable to afford to smoke. Either that or pick up some of the herbal cigarettes that I tried there, which while leaving me with the craving, at least dealt with the habit.

Travelling home however I encountered one of my favourite natural events, and one which is all too rare in this country I call my home. A true storm, with lightning, rain which poured rather than simply fell, and biting winds. Since I have a cough at the moment stopping at the edge of the motorway for ten minutes to allow the elements to batter my body, since I stepped out of the car to enjoy it, may not have been the best of ideas. But it was definitely worth it.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Oh I love storms, I haven't seen proper storm in ages.

I thought your cigarettes were crayons :)

Valley Girl said...

So sorry to hear about the libido killer. Thank goodness he forgot his key, eh?

Anonymous said...

I tried these cigarettes in Europe, but I didn't really like them. maybe because I prefer menthols, and as far as I remember, they were not.

I'm a girlie girl, but I don't think I'd smoke pink cigarettes... too many curious stares. my cigarettes (super slim & 120mm long) draw enough attention from men. it's usually something like: "uuuhh, that's a long cigarette! you like them long, don't you?"
awful. awfully lame.

AngelConradie said...

i've seen cigarettes like that! years ago!!!
oh how i love the rain and thunder storms, and luckily in south africa we have a lot of them in summer... and standing in the rain with my eyes closed listening to the thunder is one of my favourite thinhgs to do...
sorry you were interrupted bunny
:(

The Divine Miss M said...

Those smokes look kewl. I want some even though I don't smoke!

Sweets said...

i would be cock eyed after smoking one of those, won't be able to look anywhere else!

thunder storms, nothing like it!! like angel said we get lots of them in summer here in SA, beautifully powerful!

Anonymous said...

Talk about a boner kill! Good thing he forgot his key.