29 October 2007

Cocktail Party Planning

I do not often plan or arrange parties. I have thrown some before, but it is usually a case of heading back after a night out to continue chatting, drinking and so on rather than an actual organised affair. So this is something new for me. On Friday I will be, for the first time, actually throwing a party deliberately, with forethought, planning, preparation and everything else.

In preparation for this momentuous occasion shopping has been performed. So far I have bought mixers, alcohol, bases and so on for the actual cocktails. I already have about £200 worth of cocktail making equipment ranging from shakers to a blender to bar spoons. Decorations still need to be bought or made, but that should not be too difficult as I do not plan to go over the top. A few skulls dotted around, maybe some paper chains.

There are some problems however. The first is that I still have no idea for a costume. My budget for the month is minimal, with all of the visiting and driving I have to do, so buying an expensive one is out. I need something simple and cheap suggested, and with my occasional insecurity attacks, not to mention the cold, I also need something that covers my body as much as a full set of clothes.

Second problem is that Miss Complicated may or may not be there, Sweetie may or may not be coming, and another girl who I will explain about shortly will be there.

Obviously if both Miss Complicated and Sweetie turn up I will be engaging in verbal gymnastics most of the night, possibly literal gymnastics if they manage to break the lock on my room and get to my weapons cabinet. Fortunately it seems much more likely that neither of them will make it.

The other girl is one I may need to come up with a nickname for. She has been having an on-off relationship with her boyfriend, gradually becoming more off than on. It seems that it has finally become fully off, at least for the next couple of weeks. She and I have talked in the past, though not seriously, but the main point of attraction for me is that some of my friends have said several times that she would be a perfect match for me, and that I would never get her.

Anyway, if anyone has any costume suggestions, decoration suggestions, food suggestions or anything else feel free to comment.

Oh, and if anyone wants to come along feel free to give me a yell. The only condition will be that you will be required to help restrain Sweetie should she turn up and meet Miss Complicated. It is not that I have lied to her, I have never told her that there is no one else in my life, or in my bed, and she has even given the impression that she accepts that. I just do not think the mix of coming face to face with bits of my life she does not need to ever know the details of and lots of alcohol is good for my health.

6 comments:

AngelConradie said...

dude- don juan de marco!!! the mask, the cape, the sword- the whole kit!!!

The Divine Miss M said...

You loon!

There is nothing wrong with dating more than one person at a time if there has been no conversation about being exclusive but NEVER allow them to potentially be in the same room as each other! No girl likes to know really know that there are others and even meet them!

Seriously honey, STOP THE MADNESS BEFORE IT BEGINS!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't give you any ideas for your party.

I am only use to planning kid parties and I don't think you'd have much fun drinking Shirley Temples while in your Spongebob costume.

Good luck with the ladies!

Simply Curious said...

Can't wait to hear the details of how this turns out. For some reason the idea of seeing you dressed as Sponge Bob just made me giggle for the past 5 minutes or so. Take LOTS of pictures.

Sweets said...

you crazy bunny...i wish i could be there to see how you handle this one!!! heehee...should be much fun! enjoy!

Nosjunkie said...

I have a party soon its a 21st with a halloween theme in November Go figure...
anyway I am gonna wear fishnets long boots and a tartan skirt. then I am adding a dog color black lipstick and crow eye liner.
I already have black hair so thats cool, but I am gonna dress Stiffla up all gothy and put him on a leash.
We borrowed a video camera for the night cos I plan to take him to a shopping mall first and have him bark at people

hhehehhehhehhe
enjoy your cocktails by the way