30 October 2007

Exit Stage Left

Well there we go, one down. I made a decision tonight that I am cutting myself loose from Miss Complicated. I have removed her phone number from my phone, taken her off various other lists and things that I am a member of, and just left it. I am fed up of being messed around.

That may sound odd coming from me, with the number of relationships I have, but as I said I fall in love, like, lust, call it whatever you want easily. Once I am there I will do everything within my power to keep them as happy as I can. I will try to see them, I will try to be there for them if they need it, I will do whatever I can for them.

What I will not do is make constant excuses not to see them. I will not avoid them, while telling them that I just cannot make up my mind. If they ask for what I think of them, and anyone else who may be in my life, then I will be honest with them and tell them what I feel about them, what I feel about anyone else, and that if they ask me to choose then they should know what my choice will be. I will tell them if they seem to be hurt or upset that I will miss them, but that maybe just friends would be better.

I will not try and keep them in a constant mental dance where they cannot be sure where they stand, how I feel about them or anything else. Sure I recognise that she is confused, that she does not know how she feels, but I am no longer going to be the one who deals with it.

So, goodbye Miss Complicated, though you will hopefully never read this.

And apologies for the depressing post everyone, I will cheer up shortly.

5 comments:

AngelConradie said...

well i am impressed, and i'm pretty damn sure you'll be better off now! and now you can add another playmate to your collection and maybe even unmask yourself at your party!

Laura said...

It's probably for the best. she might be confused but it's not fair to keep you hanging on like that. A male friend of mine did that to me earlier this year and it was such a relief when I eventually cut him out of my life. I was done waiting.

Sweets said...

this was bound to happen...good thing too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

In the long run you will feel so much better about everything!

Simply Curious said...

It's not easy to write someone out of your life completely. Especially one you have feelings for. I have to say, I'm impressed and you just grew in my eyes. No pun intended.