15 November 2007

Escaping Reality

I do not have much time to post this before having to leave for work so I will have to forego my usual linguistic athletics and post in common English.

This weekend I am going away to escape for a time from reality. After work today I will be driving to meet, and visit, Student overnight followed by another smaller drive tomorrow afternoon to go to a winter LRP event. Hopefully I will not freeze to death too easily, as the accomodation for the event is inside and I will be taking full furs to wrap up in during the day and the battles. Not to mention that I will be taking magical warming potion, commonly referred to as ginger wine or mead.

Of course, I will not be wearing any metal armour, for obvious reasons. Metal armour in this sort of weather cools quickly and chills the wearer, no matter how much they move around. Chainmail is the worst as it presses close to your skin.

My weapons will be travelling up in the car with me. These are not the metal kind, but foam and latex replicas designed to look realistic, but with no risk of accidentally hacking off someone's limb. I have no idea what the plot for this event is, or really even the system, but hopefully that will be explained when I get there.

Hopefully I will get another chance to post, maybe even nab Student's computer tomorrow if I can, or to put up some messages from gabcast to reassure you all that I am still alive and well. I can check e-mail of course, though will probably only be able to do so at night when we have stopped having to run around hitting each other.

Either way, I am escaping reality for a while. I will see all of you kiddliwinks when I get back.

9 comments:

Sweets said...

enjoy! that's sounds like loads of fun...will you be screaming war cries...harhaaaaaaar...and pulling your face into a mean grin?

Nosjunkie said...

I almost feel like coming over there and painting your face blue and white

AngelConradie said...

have a blast rabbit!!!
i wishg i was going too- it sounds totally brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Have a good time!

Hope you have some pics to post when you come back. *hint* hint*

Simply Curious said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Escaping from reality from time to time is sometimes, just what the doctor ordered.

Valley Girl said...

I'm confused. What is an LRP event?

Elise said...

I don't know what an LRP event is either...

But it sounds like fun.

Have a great time xx

Anonymous said...

Every man writes ... not every man truly blogs! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

AngelConradie said...

too busy indulging in escapism for a gabcast then eh...?