11 November 2007

Tattoos

For the last few years I have considered getting some tattoos done. Just small ones of certain semi-abstract designs with various different superstitious meanings. This is a quick, short post to announce that I have finally decided to get the first of these done, and am just debating about placement. The options are inside of the wrist, upper arm, inside of the forearm, shoulder blade or chest.


This is the first design I am planning to get. It does have various meanings attached to it, though there is a specific one for which I am getting it. I have been deciding about these tattoos for three years now, waiting not only until I felt it was an appropriate time but also until I was at least reasonably sure I would not regret getting them done.

I will probably stick to the same sort of size as the picture here, maybe a little larger, but nothing huge. There are quite a few more of these after all. All I need to do now is go and speak with a tattooist and get everything arranged.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Screw the tats I think you need a Prince Albert piercing!

Simply Curious said...

That is SO fucking awesome! I'm proud of you! And right underneath it at a later date, it should read Simply Curious.

Rae said...

Ooh, I am a personal fan of inner wrist, inner arm, and shoulder blade. Those are the hottest locations for tats personally. :-)

AngelConradie said...

i like the inside of the forearm... but its gonna hurt like a mother trucker dude!

Sweets said...

chest... nice design!

Laura said...

I'm sure where you put it will be the most appropriate place for it. I myself have a lot of tattoos. I find them very cathartic. Each one means something to me and I don't think I'll ever regret getting them. They're meaning are part of who I am.

Lopz said...

Yay to the tats, good for you! I have a pretty huge one across my lower back (cliche I know, but I've always loved the location on a girl). I like the inside of the wrist idea, although depending on what sort of work you want to do, it can be a hindrance as it's not as easily covered. The upper arm or shoulder blade are always sexy on a guy, and that definitely says 'I'm a man!'

I also waited ages, even though I wanted one in my early teens. I was 23 when I got mine, and I've never regretted it for a moment.

Tia said...

i like inside of the wrist or inner forearm. i have a couple on my wrists and it doesn't hurt as much as you'd think.

inner bicep hurts a lot, so i've been told.

yay for tattoos!