01 December 2007

Lets Get This Meme Done

Okay, so I am going to try and complete this meme now. Incidentally as a random trivia fact meme actually refers to a way of looking at ideas or concepts in an organic fashion. Ideas, as everyone must know, spread, replicate and evolve as they are passed from person to person, in a similar way to genetic evolution. Somehow this psychological concept got hijacked and turned into a term meaning internet questionnaires.

So apparently this meme, kindly thrust upon me by Angel, means that I need to list seven things about myself and then choose seven other people to complete it. So here we go.

  1. I lie like an expert, without even pausing to think about it, when I need to. I can even incorporate nice natural body language into my lies and keep track of them as they grow more complex. I can convince people of almost anything that I wish to without even putting effort into the matter.
  2. I secretly want the white picket fence, two and a half children, and simple family life someday. Just not today. Nor tomorrow. Nor till I meet the person who I can actually see that future with.
  3. My easiest solution to any problem is violence, it takes a lot of effort to keep this in check to the degree that I do, such that I never resort to it.
  4. I detest using the phone, or any sort of electronic recording method for my voice. In fact I am massively insecure about the sound of my voice and even went for speech therapy when I was younger to try and rid myself of a lisp, which I am still self-conscious about even if people assure me it is no longer there.
  5. During the course of my life four people have actively tried to kill me.
  6. I was accumulating the qualifications and training needed to get a stuntman's license, but never had enough money to complete the stunt driving course that I was doing and so never got the license.
  7. I feel most comfortable with a pair of swords on me, and always feel slightly naked in everyday life when I cannot wear them, which is most of the time.

So there you go. As to picking other people to do this meme, I will have to think upon it.

5 comments:

Valley Girl said...

I wish I could lie like an expert. =(

Simply Curious said...

I'm with Valley Girl on this one. I can't lie like an expert. I can get away with little white lies, but when they become complex, I'm fucked.

I think we all secretly wish for the family life, with the white picket fence. I'm in complete agreement that it won't be today or tomorrow, but maybe one of these days.

Hope you're having fun on your trip!

AngelConradie said...

cool!
thanx for "playing" bunny!!!
and i also wanna know why people would wanna kill you- unless they were jealous types... :P

Sweets said...

stunt thing, that's cool!! i think one of your new year resolutions should be to finish something you started! ;-) interesting list! don't lie 'k, horrid habit, it has a nasty way of biting you in the arse when you least expect it...

Sara Sue said...

Could you go into more detail on #5 ... please??