25 November 2007

Satisfying Pain

Not all pain has to be either unpleasant or sexual, there is another form of pain that can be experienced. This is the satisfying pain which tells you that yes, you have been working incredibly hard and pushing yourself to the limit. I am feeling this pain right now, in a very big way. A very, very big way. Movementis somewhat painful, and slow. In fact it starts slowly then accelerates to a normal walking pace before I come to a stop once again.

There is nothing sexual about this form of pain whatsoever. It is just that lovely feeling of a job very, very well done. I have spent the entire weekend hammering players with foam weaponry, charging around in leather armour, chainmail armour, plate armour, heavy robes, furs, and various other forms of costume. It has been a good weekend.

Now I need to sleep.

Then tomorrow I need to clean up here and pack clothes and such for Ireland on Tuesday.

6 comments:

Valley Girl said...

That's how I feel after a good workout. Hope you had fun!

AngelConradie said...

i remember that pain when i used to gym, it is an awesome feeling, and i'm so glad you had such a good weekend!!!

hhmmm... this time next week you may be in a different kind of pain, eh?

The Divine Miss M said...

I get that feeling every week after climbing, I love it :-) Enjoy Ireland!

A. M said...

Wonderful feeling it is indeed.
After passing last year in my officail exams...Well i spent a whole month going no where just me and those books...hopefully this year as well...
Goodluck

Sweets said...

i agree vir valley girl! pain like that is a very personal kind of achievement, difficult to explain!

enjoy yourself mr. rabbit ;-)

Anonymous said...

I need to feel that pain. I have been too damn lazy lately.