06 November 2007

Pain and Pleasure

Admittedly this is a very stereotypical post for someone like me to make, and has been discussed many times before, but I still feel like mentioning it. I cannot think of anything else to post about tonight at least, though suggestions for future posts are more than welcome. Anyway onto the topic.

One of my more disturbing party tricks was discovered a while ago by a friend who wanted to show off his grip. He tried to crush my hand, in the middle of a pub. The moan I let out was enough to discourage anyone from doing it again. The fact that I had a stupid, semi-orgasmic grin on my face for the next few minutes only made it worse. Similar incidents have occured before, and since, usually prompted by comments of 'hurt him, its funny' or suchlike by friends.

Now while I do not mind people finding my reaction to pain fairly comical most of the time, it can get a little irritating. In a way it might be thought of as someone finding it amusing that you find it pleasurable to have someone kiss your neck. If pain is a sensual pleasure, then inflicting that pain becomes linked in some way to that pleasure. That pleasure, even if it may be enjoyable to be watched, or take risks in public, is still a highly intimate thing, and so pain becomes the same.

The other thing I should mention is that not all pain is the same. In a fight for instance I do not want to get hurt. In a context where things could be serious, where I could end up severely injured, it stops being fun. Only when things are casual, or at least I am not in actual danger, are things enjoyable.

Now to flip the coin I also enjoy inflicting pain, again in a relatively safe manner. For anyone who may not know the fancy word for this, sadomasochist is the term that you are looking for. If you are thinking of the stereotypical leather-wearing person in bondage then I am afraid you are under a misconception.

As to why I enjoy it, something I have been asked before, I have some difficulty explaining. It may simple be that I enjoy sensation, all sensation, and pain is amazingly close to the sensation that orgasm brings. Or it may just be bad wiring in my brain. It could even be a deep-buried self-loathing that makes me enjoy being hurt. Any of those could be the case, essentially though I enjoy giving and receiving pain.

This post has ended up a little longer than I was planning, so any how-to tips or details of my own experiences will have to wait until another time. I think experiences might well be saved until after I have had a chance to visit Slave in Ireland and play a little more in this particular fetish.

7 comments:

Sweets said...

i think most people have a misconception when it comes to s&m...although i think i'll look quite delicious as a dominatrix, i'm not into extreme pain... most i think are just scared to explore their sexuality...maybe shy i dunno... and i think people miss out plenty if they didn't experiment... lucky slave ;-)

AngelConradie said...

i agree with you completely tabbit! people have sadomasochism completely arse about kettle!
i know i am more than a mild masochist myself- but i have yet to meet someone i can really test my limits with!!!

Nosjunkie said...

just a little biting and scratiching here and there will do for me thank you

Laura said...

I think I lean more towards the masochistic myself. It's a funny thing but there are not a lot of people who can undertand pain as a pleasureable sensation.

phishez said...

I think part of the 'enjoying pain' thing is when it ends. I haven't done it as a sexual thing, but I tend to peirce ears and nose, or get new tattoos when I get pissed off.

I have even been known to cut myself at times out of extreme frustration.

It focuses my energies and as the pain goes, so does the anger and frustration. I dunno. You don't get it unless you get it.

The Divine Miss M said...

@phish - Self harm is quite dangerous, I'm all worried about you now! My friend used to work in a rehab clinic and there were people in councilling for that exact thing.

S&M and pain for pleasure is a completely different thing to self harm - which some minds consider to almost become a disease and an addiction.

Please be careful!

Mr R Rabbit said...

Self harm is usually a very different thing from masochism. Having done it myself in the past, I do get it. Unfortunately its usually considered such a taboo that people will just refuse to discuss it, or act as though repulsed.

I'm going to have to change that I think.